Don’t overcomplicate this.
Most people either: A, ignore the basics or B, want to skip over them.
They want to get into the fancy advanced techniques. Or worse, skip right to success without doing any work at all.
But, if you can nail the basics, you will win at the game of life.
Here are 10 areas where I’ve applied these basics in the real world. I did the “do the basics work??” experiment for you. Now you just have to go nail them.
- Eat well. This means whole foods. Lots of veggies & healthy fats.
- Move a lot. Lifting, walking, sprinting.
- Sleep 7+ hours. Get on a set schedule. 10p-6a is a great one.
- Budget. Positive cash flow is king.
- Increase income. Job hop, side hustles, affiliate marketing, who cares- just build more income streams.
- Invest at regular intervals. Buy up quality assets constantly.
- Deep work. Give yourself 3–4 hours of uninterrupted work every day.
- Timeblocks/deadlines. Schedule your day and set parameters around what you need to accomplish.
- Create a plan for the next day each evening. Sit down every night and outline your plan for tomorrow.
- Sleep well. Nature provides a built-in energy boost- quality sleep.
- Get sunlight. Or even daylight. Humans spent most of our existence outside, not hidden away indoors.
- Avoid cheap dopamine hits. Likes, follows, notifications. They fuck us up.
- Create boundaries. You have to set yourself up for success. What are you willing to accept?
- Give your time & attention. These are your two most valuable resources. It’s easy to throw money at someone. It’s harder to be present with them.
- Remember important events & dates. You’re a bum if you forget to make special days special.